Doctoral Candidate in Chinese Studies, Centre for East Asian Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067
GUEST FACULTY (Assistant Professor) at the Department of Chinese, Sikkim University since February 2014.
PAPERS TAUGHT :
A. Spring Semester
- B.A. (Ist year- II Semester): MODERN CHINA (1840-1949)
- M.A. (Ist year- II Semester): READINGS IN CHINESE MILITARY STRATEGY
B. Monsoon Semester:
- B.A. (Ist year- I Semester): INTRODUCTION TO CHINA I
- Units: (I) Geography of China (II) Ancient History of China (III) Contemporary History of China.
- B.A. (II Year- III Semester): CONTEMPORARY CHINA (1949 ONWARDS)
- M.A. (II Year-III Semester): SINO-INDIAN CULTURAL INTERACTION
- · Member of the Second Syllabus Revision Committee of the Department of Chinese, Sikkim Central University, held on 2nd April 2014.
- Research Analyst for Asia-Pacific Desk at Wikistrat, Washington DC- U.S.A.
- Editorial Member of India-China Chronicle Magazine, published by India Economic and Cultural Council, New Delhi.
- Contributor/Author at China Focus, University of California, San Diego- U.S.A..
- Contributor/Author for Asia-Pacific Security Magazine, Australia.
- Editor-in-Chief for IndraStra Global
- M.Phil (2013) in Chinese Studies, Centre for East Asian Studies (Chinese Division), School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University.Dissertation titled “Cognition and Perception of Mao Zedong in Shaping China’s Foreign Policy towards Vietnam, 1949-1976” supervised by Professor Srikanth Kondapalli.
- M.A. (2011) in International Relations with specialization in Politics, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- B.A. (2009) in Programme with majors in Political Science and Psychology, Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi University.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS, AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
- In 2015, awarded Senior Research Fellowship for pursuing Doctoral Research under United grants Commission, Government of India.
- In 2015, selected and awarded for the Training Program on “Qualitative Methods in the Study of Chinese Politics: History and Ethnography”, co-sponsored by School of Government, Nanjing University and Harvard-Yenching Institute, at Nanjing University, Nanjing, P.R.C.
- In 2014, selected and participated as an Indian student delegate for a two-month (November-December) study trip to China under the "2014 Seminar on Chinese Translation"Programme organized by the Ministry of Commerce, People’s Republic of China and the Beijing International Chinese College.
- In 2013, selected as an Indian student delegate for a multinational study trip to China in January (Beijing and Shanghai) and U.S.A (Washington DC) in March under the "US-INDIA-CHINA Initiative" programme, organised by the School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, United States of America.
- Qualified UGC-NET on 30th November, 2011. (It is the National Eligibility Test for lectureship in the subject International and Area Studies).
- Recipient of Junior Research Fellowship in the subject International and Area Studies, as awarded on 30th November 2011 (It is a Government of India Scholarship for academic research at M.Phil/Ph.D level).
Lectures, Panels and Papers Presented at International and National Conferences: